A new second edition of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy in Groups, by Peter J. Bieling, Randi E. McCabe, and Martin M. Antony is due to be published in Summer 2022 by Guilford Publications. For more information, check out the publisher’s website, HERE
From the Publisher’s Website:
A lifeline for anxiety sufferers, this expertly crafted workbook has been revised and updated to be even more user-friendly. Readers discover a new sense of freedom as they work through this comprehensive program grounded in cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT). Step by step, the book provides skills for changing anxiety-provoking ways of thinking and for confronting feared situations safely and gradually. Updated with over a decade’s worth of research advances, the second edition includes more detailed instructions for customizing the program, extra support for staying motivated, vivid stories that run throughout the book, new separate chapters on relaxation and mindfulness, and downloadable audio recordings. The large-size format makes it easy to fill in the worksheets; readers can download and print additional copies as needed.
Introduction: The Faces of Anxiety
I. The Prep
1. Anxiety: The Big Picture
2. Getting to Know Your Anxiety
3. Getting Ready for the Program
4. Setting Goals and Planning Your Program
II. The Core Program
5. Identifying Thinking Patterns That Contribute to Anxiety
6. Changing Thinking Patterns by Evaluating the Evidence
7. Changing Thinking Patterns by Taking Action
8. Introduction to Confronting Your Fears
9. Confronting Feared Objects and Situations
10. Confronting Scary Thoughts, Memories, Images, Urges, and Uncertainty
11. Confronting Frightening Feelings and Sensations
III. Additional Strategies
12. Learning to Relax
13. Mindfulness: Learning to Accept Unwanted Experiences
Conclusion: Living without Anxiety
Click HERE to purchase or for more information
Now Available – New Third edition of the Handbook of Assessment and Treatment Planning for Psychological Disorders
Published August 2020
This authoritative clinical reference and text—now revised and updated with 50% new content—presents the assessment tools and strategies that every evidence-based psychotherapy practitioner needs.Unlike most assessment texts, the volume is organized around specific clinical problems. It explains how to select and use the best measures to assess clients’ symptoms, generate diagnoses, plan appropriate treatments, and monitor progress. Clinician- and student-friendly features include tables comparing and contrasting relevant measures, sample forms, and case examples. Every chapter addresses considerations for primary and managed care settings.
New to This Edition
- Chapters on new topics: assessment of well-being and transdiagnostic assessment.
- New chapters on core topics: eating disorders, personality disorders, and insomnia.
- Updated throughout with DSM-5 diagnostic changes, new and updated instruments, current research, and increased attention to transdiagnostic concerns.
- Expanded coverage of obsessive–compulsive related disorders.
Click HERE to purchase or for more information.
Dr. Martin Antony will receive two awards from Ryerson University at the annual Ryerson Awards Night on March 26, 2015. The first of these is the 2014 Yeates School of Graduate Studies (YSGS) Outstanding Contribution to Graduate Education Award. This award recognizes faculty excellence in the complex process of mentoring graduate students to prepare them for productive careers. In addition, Dr. Antony will receive the 2014 Dean’s Scholarly, Research, and Creative Activity Award, which recognizes individual faculty members on an annual basis for outstanding scholarly, research and creative achievements and impact on their disciplines during the previous academic year.
Dr. Martin Antony was recently elected as a fellow of the Royal Society of Canada (RSC) in recognition of his contributions to research in the areas of anxiety disorders and perfectionism. The RSC represents a senior group of distinguished scholars, artists, and scientists from across Canada. READ MORE